Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A light dip or sandwich spread. This recipe is from a finnish website. I translated it with the auto translator, the only ingredient that I couldn't figure out was "1 tl hienonnettuja kuminoita" which translated to "1 teaspoon chopped rubber witch." Rosslare was kind enough to let me know that it is ground cumin (the plural is very similar to rubber witch.) I would use a good yogurt for this recipe - some brands are watered down and held together with gelatin, they don't work nearly as well in recipes like this where you want a thick, rich dip. Cooking time is chill time. For ZWT6.
- 1 large cucumber
- 4 small green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- white salt & pepper
- Peel, seed, and chop cucumber. Mix the cucumber and finely chopped green onions, season well with salt. Let it stand for about 15 minutes.
- The salt will help the cucumber release some of its natural juices - press it lightly and drain off any liquid.
- Wash and chop the tomatoes. Mix the chopped parsley and dill with the cucumber-onion mixture. Beat the yogurt well, and combine with the other ingredients.
- Seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Let it chill for about an hour. Garnish with extra dill.
- This recipe is ideal for a light-hearted evening snack or a snack with bread.
Nice dip - lots of flavor from the herbs and great texture from the crunch of veggies. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
Great recipe! Made with heirloom tomatoes (treasures!). Love it! Thanks Rachel! Made for ZWT9, team Gourmet Goddesses.
Very nice Ingredients simple and fresh although the yogurt offers some tartness I thought it really needed some kind of acid. I used a little vinegar.