Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Delicious combination of veggies and feta with an Italian dressing! Great for a summer side dish on those hot, humid days!
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix, prepared per package directions
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, garlic and feta in a large plastic bowl with a lid. Prepare Italian dressing per package directions. Pour dressing over into bowl and stir to coat evenly. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover bowl with lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving, as salad is best when served cold. Enjoy! Variations of this salad are easily made by changing the type of cheese you use. I have also used crumbled Gorgonzola (when served with steak), shredded sharp cheddar (when served with burgers and hot dogs), and chopped fresh mozzarella (when served with lasagna), depending on the dinner I was serving with the salad.
Great versatile salad! Left out the onions as I don't care for them, otherwise made as directed. Fresh and tasty - thanks for sharing the recipe!