Recipe by Tish
Posted in response to a request for a Turkish recipe.
Top Review by JustJanS
This was really nice thanks Trish, very similar to the raitas we make to have with Indian curries and that's what we had it with. I loved the extra herbiness of it though. I found it a bit tart, and added about 1 teaspoon of sugar to balance that. Also found a grinding of sea salt at the table brought all the flavours out.
- 1 lb cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- black pepper