Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted in response to a request for a Turkish recipe.
- 1 lb cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- black pepper
- Mix the lemon juice, yogurt, garlic, pepper, mint and parsley together.
- Pour over cucumber and tomato mixture and stir.
- Serve within an hour for best taste.
This was really nice thanks Trish, very similar to the raitas we make to have with Indian curries and that's what we had it with. I loved the extra herbiness of it though. I found it a bit tart, and added about 1 teaspoon of sugar to balance that. Also found a grinding of sea salt at the table brought all the flavours out.
This is an awesome recipe; the best cucumber and tomato salad I've ever tasted. All the ingredients are in the perfect proportion and combine to make one fantastic salad. I wouldn't change a thing. (BTW, I ate four servings, so you know I loved it!) I made this to go with Kofta Skewers, and it complemented the kofta perfectly. Thanks for posting!!
I made this with lamb kebabs--this really complemented them and was very refreshing. Thanks for a great recipe!!