An elegant summer salad dish that is wonderful served on the side of poached cold chicken. Pimms has become a traditional English alcoholic summer beverage, its a bit like sherry or vermouth and is best served in tall glasses with soda water, lemon, strawberry and cucumber slices. Its actually the cucumber that makes the drink special I think. I've tried to capture this, I think to good effect in this salad and I hope you enjoy it as much as me
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dressing
- 1Cut the strawberries into halves or slices discarding the stalks and place in a large bowl.
- 2Peel the cucumber using a vegetable peeler and cut in half lengthways
- 3Using a teaspoon, scrape out the seeds from the centre of the cucumber, discard and then slice the cucumber into medium thick slices and add to the strawberries.
- 4Make the dressing by mixing everything together seasoning with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Pour over the strawberries and cucumber slices and set aside until ready to serve (can be stored for up to 4 hours in the fridge like this).
- 5When ready to serve, arrange the rocket in a serving bowl and pour over the cucumber and strawberries.
- 6English summer on a plate.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber and Strawberry Salad With Pimms Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.0
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar