Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An elegant summer salad dish that is wonderful served on the side of poached cold chicken. Pimms has become a traditional English alcoholic summer beverage, its a bit like sherry or vermouth and is best served in tall glasses with soda water, lemon, strawberry and cucumber slices. Its actually the cucumber that makes the drink special I think. I've tried to capture this, I think to good effect in this salad and I hope you enjoy it as much as me
- 400 g ripe strawberries
- 1 large cucumber
- 75 g rocket
For the dressing
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Pimms
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (unless the strawberries are very sweet)
- black pepper
- Cut the strawberries into halves or slices discarding the stalks and place in a large bowl.
- Peel the cucumber using a vegetable peeler and cut in half lengthways
- Using a teaspoon, scrape out the seeds from the centre of the cucumber, discard and then slice the cucumber into medium thick slices and add to the strawberries.
- Make the dressing by mixing everything together seasoning with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Pour over the strawberries and cucumber slices and set aside until ready to serve (can be stored for up to 4 hours in the fridge like this).
- When ready to serve, arrange the rocket in a serving bowl and pour over the cucumber and strawberries.
- English summer on a plate.