Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Martha Stewart - definitely someone who has a bit of expertise on entertaining. I love these - and they're so simple to make!
- 1⁄4 lb smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime, zest of, finely grated
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 English cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche, well chilled
- 1 lime, peeled and segmented, each segment cut into 4 pieces
- Make tartare:.
- In a small bowl, combine salmon, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a paring knife or vegetable peeler, remove skin on two opposite sides of cucumber.
- Trim the ends, and cut cucumber crosswise into forty-eight 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place slices on paper towels to dry.
- Using a butter knife or a small offset spatula, spread about 1/2 teaspoon of crème fraîche on half of the cucumber slices, and then top with a teaspoon of tartare.
- Place remaining cucumber slices on top, followed by a small dollop of crème fraîche and a piece of lime (Or, you can make 40 pieces without doing the sandwich but then you need to double the tartar).
- Serve immediately, or chill, covered with plastic wrap, up to 1 hour.