Recipe by PanNan
A tasty alternative to the same old green salad, but prep work made easy using "bag salad" as the base. Note to World Tour participants. I'm not an expert on Canadian cuisine - however, after reviewing many Canadian recipes, it appeared that the ingredients used in this recipe would be typical for the region.
Top Review by Bergy
Refreshing salad that looks great too. The dressing is just right. I served this with cold sliced chiken and crusty rolls -Easy to prepare and do use the mixed salad greens mine had 5 different types of lettuce including radiccio and Watercress
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into thin slices (preferably long English or European cucumber)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mixed baby lettuces and spring greens (or your favorite salad greens)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut onion slices into quarters.
- Toss cucumber slices and onion together in a medium bowl.
- Stir sour cream, vinegar, salt and pepper into cucumber mixture until well blended.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Divide salad greens among four salad plates.
- Stir cucumber and onions again.
- Top each plate of greens with 1/4 of the cucumber mixture.