Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is adapted from "Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life", a cookbook that concentrates on local and sustainable eating and recipes, while reducing your carbon footprint.... What an amazingly simple, delicious and BEAUTIFUL salad this is!!! Soooo colorful!
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, halved and seeds removed
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced green parts only
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, fresh
- lime, juice of one
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the cucumbers into quarter-inch slices and place in a bowl.
- with all but 4 tablespoons of the pomegranate seeds.
- Add the scallions, cilantro leaves, lime juice and olive oil.
- Toss and season with salt.
- Divide the salad among four bowls and top with the crumbled feta, the remaining pomegranate seeds and a few grinds of pepper before serving.
This is good. DH and I both liked this different salad. We love pomegranates. I used English cucumbers which I didn't deseed, just peeled. I used freshly squeezed lime juice, a unrefined olive oil, sea salt and goat feta cheese along with the rest listed. I will probably make this again.