Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
This recipe is adapted from "Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life", a cookbook that concentrates on local and sustainable eating and recipes, while reducing your carbon footprint.... What an amazingly simple, delicious and BEAUTIFUL salad this is!!! Soooo colorful!
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is good. DH and I both liked this different salad. We love pomegranates. I used English cucumbers which I didn't deseed, just peeled. I used freshly squeezed lime juice, a unrefined olive oil, sea salt and goat feta cheese along with the rest listed. I will probably make this again.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, halved and seeds removed
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced green parts only
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, fresh
- lime, juice of one
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cucumbers into quarter-inch slices and place in a bowl.
- with all but 4 tablespoons of the pomegranate seeds.
- Add the scallions, cilantro leaves, lime juice and olive oil.
- Toss and season with salt.
- Divide the salad among four bowls and top with the crumbled feta, the remaining pomegranate seeds and a few grinds of pepper before serving.