Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 1 cucumber (25 cm)
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 2 large onions
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup wine vinegar or 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- Halve, seed and cut up the cucumber into small pieces.
- Cut the onion about the same size.
- Put all the ingredients except the cornflour in a large saucepan.
- Stirring frequently, bring to the boil then simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Mix cornflour to paste with a little extra vinegar.
- Stir into pickle and simmer 2-3 minutes longer.
- Bottle in steralized jars, cover or seal.