Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and very yummy salad. Feel free to add more salt to this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice or 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 large onion (red or white)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp canola oil, 1 tbsp rice or balsamic vinegar, 1-2 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper.
- Slice and cut cucumber into thin slices.
- Chop onion into 1/2 inch pieces (smaller if you wish).
- Thinly slice scallions crosswise.
- Add cucumber, onion and scallion to wet mixture.
- Serve immediately or chill; covered in refrigerator for serving later.
Quick, easy and good! I liked how it was not drenched in a creamy dressing, but had a nice, light vinegar dressing. I used a little extra red pepper flakes, but otherwise followed the recipe as is. Thanx for posting!