Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very easy side salad for a picnic or covered dish event. My mom kept this going in our frig all summer. I think she got the cucumbers from an aunt and uncle that had a farm nearby.
- You will need a 2 quart jar with lid or other 2 quart container.
- Cut the ends off the cucumbers and peel along the long edge in 3-4 strips to leave a sort of stripped cucumber.
- Slice the cucumber in thin rounds.
- Peel and slice the onion in thin slices and separate.
- Put the cucumber and onion alternately in your jar/container.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cover your jar/container tightly and gently turn so the ingredients are mixed together.
- Refrigerate overnight and serve cold.
Ahhh, this is it! My mom used to make this when I was a kid. It was one of those recipes I never got from her. This is my first year growing cucumbers and I've got more than I can handle. I made this salad according to the recipe and this is it. Takes me back for sure. Thanks so much.
Delightful! I work full time so coming up with an idea for a midweek potluck is a challenge. It's that time of year again when table pickles are a joy and a delight! I was skeptical of the sugar but I like it and the pepper gives it just the right flavor. This one is going in my recipe box!