Recipe by Amanda Beth
Simple recipe, but oh so good. Adapted from a recipe in the Southern Living 1981 Cookbook, month of April. Nice to have at a cookout. Nice, low-cal dish. Cook time is chill time, and prep time includes letting the cucumbers rest.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
These were yummy cucumbers. I added some garlic and dill weed to tweek them slightly- we love garlic. I cut WAY back on the salt because I did not do the step where you salt them down and dry them off. I will probably do that next time. The juices from the cucumbers accumulated on the top the next day because I didn't do it but I just poured that off.
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay cucumbers in one layer and sprinkle liberally with salt.
- Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Then take paper towels and blot moisture from cucumbers.
- Get them as dry as possible.
- Mix sour cream, vinegar, and sugar.
- Combine onions and cucumbers.
- Mix sour cream mixture and vegetables together.
- Cover and chill at least 6 hours, preferably overnight, stirring occasionally.