1/2 Photos of Cucumber and Onion in Sour Cream
6 hrs 45 mins
Amanda Beth's Note:
Simple recipe, but oh so good. Adapted from a recipe in the Southern Living 1981 Cookbook, month of April. Nice to have at a cookout. Nice, low-cal dish. Cook time is chill time, and prep time includes letting the cucumbers rest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay cucumbers in one layer and sprinkle liberally with salt.
- 2Let rest for 30 minutes.
- 3Then take paper towels and blot moisture from cucumbers.
- 4Get them as dry as possible.
- 5Mix sour cream, vinegar, and sugar.
- 6Combine onions and cucumbers.
- 7Mix sour cream mixture and vegetables together.
- 8Cover and chill at least 6 hours, preferably overnight, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber and Onion in Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 3504.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g