Simple recipe, but oh so good. Adapted from a recipe in the Southern Living 1981 Cookbook, month of April. Nice to have at a cookout. Nice, low-cal dish. Cook time is chill time, and prep time includes letting the cucumbers rest.
- Lay cucumbers in one layer and sprinkle liberally with salt.
- Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Then take paper towels and blot moisture from cucumbers.
- Get them as dry as possible.
- Mix sour cream, vinegar, and sugar.
- Combine onions and cucumbers.
- Mix sour cream mixture and vegetables together.
- Cover and chill at least 6 hours, preferably overnight, stirring occasionally.