1/1 Photo of Cucumber and Mastershalum Tea Sandwiches (-- Tasty Dish--)
From The Pooh Cook Book. Updated by me a little. The optional creme fraiche condiment (which adults will probably like better than children) was found on a blog somewhere. Be sure the bread you use in this recipe is fresh and soft.
My Private Note
tea san ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices soft whole wheat bread or 6 slices soft white bread
- mayonnaise or softened cream cheese, for spreading
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced (I used English cucumber-unpeeled)
- fresh dill, for garnishing (fresh!)
- nasturtium leaves or baby spinach leaves or mixed greens, washed and dried
- 1Spread each slice of bread with *condiment of choice as suggested.
- 2*Note: to make the optional condiment combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- 3Arrange about 8 cucumber slices on half of the bread slices. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh dill.
- 4Next arrange the nasturtium (aka Mastershalum) leaves or baby spinach leaves on the other 3 slices of bread.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Cut the sandwiches in quarters and arrange on a platter or cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber and Mastershalum Tea Sandwiches (-- Tasty Dish--)
Serving Size: 1 (593 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 126.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt-free garlic powder