Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From The Pooh Cook Book. Updated by me a little. The optional creme fraiche condiment (which adults will probably like better than children) was found on a blog somewhere. Be sure the bread you use in this recipe is fresh and soft.
- 6 slices soft whole wheat bread or 6 slices soft white bread
- mayonnaise or softened cream cheese, for spreading
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced (I used English cucumber-unpeeled)
- fresh dill, for garnishing (fresh!)
- nasturtium leaves or baby spinach leaves or mixed greens, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt-free garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- Spread each slice of bread with *condiment of choice as suggested.
- *Note: to make the optional condiment combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Arrange about 8 cucumber slices on half of the bread slices. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh dill.
- Next arrange the nasturtium (aka Mastershalum) leaves or baby spinach leaves on the other 3 slices of bread.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the sandwiches in quarters and arrange on a platter or cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Delicious little sandwiches! I used cream cheese and wheat bread and endive for the greens. Yum! Made for ZWT#6 by a fellow Looney Spoon Phoodie!