Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from Lowfat Living cookbook-altered a little. Ideally, this should be prepared in summer when cucumbers are in season. The original recipe specifies one half cup sour cream (or yogurt). I replaced part of the sour cream with some olive oil.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced (read *NOTE)
- 3 lemon cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green grape, cut in half
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 2 stalks organic celery & leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (optional) or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey, softened or 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- fresh ground black pepper
- *NOTE: If using cucumbers from the garden, and/or organic cucumbers, it is not necessary to peel them unless you wish. Store bought cucumbers (especially conventional produce) need to be peeled to remove the wax.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cucumbers, grapes and celery.
- In a small non-reactive bowl combine the dressing. Pour over the cucumber mixture and toss gently.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.