Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend of mine gave me this recipe. I love having this during the summer time.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sliced olive
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, cucumber, onion, parsley and olives.
- In another bowl or jar combine remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Serve immediately or chill for up to 24 hours.
What a great summer salad!!! So light and refreshing. A great make-ahead dish when you are having a crowd over. Everyone loved the combination of ingredients. I especially liked the garbanzo beans mixed in with the cucumbers! I have made a copy of this to put in my "keeper" recipe notebook. Thank you so much for sharing this great salad. :-)
Quite good, I only wished I'd made more! Next time, I think I'll add some fresh tomatoes.
LOVED this! It was a perfect lunch along with a small cup of yogurt. I made three changes: first I skipped the olives (just not a big fan) and secondly I used a total of 2 cukes just b/c I had them. Lastly, I used extra virgin olive oil instead of vegetable oil. It was great! Plenty of dressing for the larger salad. Thanks for sharing!