Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just perfect for summer! Crisp and refreshing and special for feta lovers!
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled (I prefer goat feta)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, remove seeds and discard.
- Cut cucumbers into half inch cubes and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Stir in onions.
- Combine cheese, lemon juice, oil and pepper, add to cucumber mixture and stir gently.
This was a nice simple salad that could be whipped up very quickly. I put the dressing ingredients in the bowl and mixed it up good then added everything else. I might try adding a bit of herbs to the dressing next time to change it up.
Wonderful! The first time I made it I added fresh basil as a garnish and the second time I added as an ingredient. It gave it a little different twist. Great!
A fresh and simple salad for hot summer days and steamy nights. Our hot and humid weather suits the crispness of the cukes and the tang of the feta. The flavors of this salad are wonderful, and it is so easy to prepare. I used English cucumbers, and left their thin skins on...even easier.