Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
refreshing tea sandwiches that pair well with my curried chicken tea sandwiches as well. A small zucchini works well if english cucumbers are unavailable.
- 6 slices sandwich bread
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 2 scallions
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 1 pinch paprika
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 English cucumber
- 1 teaspoon cream
- 1 dash vinegar
- lightly butter all slices of bread.
- dice scallions very small (including all green parts) and mix with cream cheese and all other spices.
- spread cream cheese mix generously on 3 bread slices.
- slice english cucumbers or zucchini with a vegetable peeler and lay on top of the cream cheese spread.
- top sandwich with the rest of the bread slices.
- cut the crust off the the sandwiches and cut in quarters.
- chill for 1/2 hours before serving.
Fresh and delicious. Added to my high tea cookbook. Made for PAC Fall 2012.