Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Derived from the magazine Southern Living. These are very tasty!
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, unpeeled
- 2 ounces whipped cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 5 slices white bread, cut very thin (slice regular pieces in half if you have to)
- 5 slices whole wheat bread, cut very thin (slice regular pieces in half if you have to)
- Cut cucumber with a mandolin to make very fine slices. Lay slices on paper towels to drain.
- In a bowl, stir cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic salt and dill together until smooth.
- Spread each slice of bread with a layer of the cream cheese mixture. Then lay cucumber slices in overlapping rows on one half of the bread slices. Top with remaining wheat bread slices.
- Cut crusts from each sandwich and then cut into quarters.
These are very simple and delicious! I made these for a party and people have since asked me to make them for other events. Great recipe
Simple and delicious. My Grandson loves cream cheese and cucumbers so he snacked and snacked got full on them, and had me make more the next day.
Delicious! I did as a previous reviewer and just warmed some regular (not whipped) cream cheese in the microwave to soften. Didn't have garlic salt so used a pinch of garlic powder and a pinch of kosher salt. Also used dried dill. Lovely! Thanks for the recipe!