Recipe by Judy-Jude
This is so quick and easy. People can't stop eating them.
Top Review by MarshHen
I made these for a wedding reception this weekend and everyone raved over them! At the suggestion of a previous reviewer, I did as they suggested and didn't add the entire envelope of Italian dressing mix, only adding to suit my taste. Like you, I did score my English cuke, and I cut the rye bread in rounds, and added the dill to the top of each cuke slice. They were gone in a flash, and they wanted more, so next time I'll double the recipe, which by the way, was super easy. Thanks for sharing this delish little gem! 8/2/10 - Back again to say that this little appetizer is still a favorite with family and friends, except now I have to triple the recipe every time I make it, lol. Thanks again!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (5/8 ounce) packagegood seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package rye cocktail bread
- 1 seedless European cucumber, unpeeled
- dried dill (to garnish) or fresh dill (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- I wash and score the cucumber with a fork along the entire lenth of the cucumber, all the way around, to make a design Slice thinly and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, Good Seasonings Italian mix and Tabasco sauce.
- Spread cream cheese mixture, generously on each slice of cocktail bread, place slice of cucumber and sprinkle the top with dill.