Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so quick and easy. People can't stop eating them.
Make and share this Cucumber and Cream Cheese Appetizers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (5/8 ounce) packagegood seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package rye cocktail bread
- 1 seedless European cucumber, unpeeled
- dried dill (to garnish) or fresh dill (to garnish)
- I wash and score the cucumber with a fork along the entire lenth of the cucumber, all the way around, to make a design Slice thinly and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, Good Seasonings Italian mix and Tabasco sauce.
- Spread cream cheese mixture, generously on each slice of cocktail bread, place slice of cucumber and sprinkle the top with dill.
I made these for a wedding reception this weekend and everyone raved over them! At the suggestion of a previous reviewer, I did as they suggested and didn't add the entire envelope of Italian dressing mix, only adding to suit my taste. Like you, I did score my English cuke, and I cut the rye bread in rounds, and added the dill to the top of each cuke slice. They were gone in a flash, and they wanted more, so next time I'll double the recipe, which by the way, was super easy. Thanks for sharing this delish little gem! 8/2/10 - Back again to say that this little appetizer is still a favorite with family and friends, except now I have to triple the recipe every time I make it, lol. Thanks again!
Quick, easy, nice presentation and great taste! I made these for friends on a football/tv afternoon and everyone like them -I liked the easy recipe! One note, I mixed 2 dashes of Tabasco rather than 1 dash and really didn't notice the "spice" from it at all, so if you like things spicier you might want to add a bit more after some taste tests.
Very easy and quick appetizer, with a nice zesty taste. I used toasted garlic bread, each slice cut in four and topped the cuke slice with half an olive. One we will be using again, thanks for posting. May 31/09 mmm very good appie and so easy. this time I used a thin savory cracker and followed through with the rest of the recipe, love the touch of tobasco!