Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great foil for rich or spicy foods, with an Asian dressing. Adapted from a Bon Appetit recipe. This can marinate, reridgerated, up to 6 hours before service. Add some cooked shrimp for a heartier (non-vegan) dish.
- 1 tablespoon plain rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes (or to taste)
- cilantro leaf, from 1 1/2 bunches
- 2 stalks celery, sliced very thinly diagonally
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced very thinly
- 4 scallions, sliced very thinly diagonally (white and green parts)
- salt, pepper to taste
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl, season to taste. Add dressing and toss to combine.