Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you eat this sandwich with hot soup, when you have a cold, you will recover twice as fast!
- fresh baked bread (whatever type you prefer)
- English cucumber
- white cheddar cheese (old or strong)
- butter or mayonnaise
- black pepper
- Peel cucumber skin and cut thin round slices.
- Spread butter or mayonnaise on two slices of baked bread.
- Cut Cheddar cheese into thin slices and place on of the slices until thoroughly covered.
- Then place the thin slices of cucumbers on top of the cheese and add salt and pepper on top of the cucumbers only.
- Place the second (buttered or mayonnaised) slice on top of the cucumbers and cut in half.
made these for a large group gathering at work. went over well with the men and women. thanks for sharing!!!! it was very easy to prepare.
What a neat little sandwich. I used fresh baked wheat bread. I used low-fat mayo as the spread. Very simple but very tasty. I never would have thought of this. Thanks Dancer^