Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of Rachael Ray's recipes from Food Network!
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 seedless cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 5 -6 celery ribs, from the heart sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup hot red peppers or 1⁄4 cup roasted red peppers or 1⁄2 small fresh bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts or 1 cup pickled vegetables, chopped
- Place relish in the bottom of the bowl.
- Whisk in vinegar, then add extra virgin olive oil.
- Add cucumbers, celery, peppers and marinated vegetables of choice to the bowl.
- Toss salad.
Great combination of flavours that works really well. I also thought it sounded a little odd but everyone should give it a try! I used a tomato pickle relish along with marinated artichoke hearts.
I was very leery of this at first. Pickle relish in salad dressing? Weird. But I made it exactly according to the recipe, using cider vinegar, roasted red pepper, and marinated artichoke hearts (I did use the oil from the artichoke hearts instead of e.v.o.o.). This was really yummy! I love cucumbers, and I love the crunch of celery, which is why I decided to try this recipe (even though it sounded weird! :)), and it all came together really well. Good recipe, thanks.
Another winner! I used dill pickle relish so it had some "pucker" to it ;-) In addition to the artichokes, I added some chopped pepperoncini peppers & pickled cauliflower. I ate the leftovers for lunch today & it was even better than freshly made. Thanks, Diana!