Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa is cool with a tangy twist, made using similar ingredients to the classic Italian sauce salsa verde. It is a perfect accompaniment for barbequed fish.
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 8 baby dill pickles, very finely chopped
- 1 large onion, very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Halve the cucumber lengthways and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the flesh into small dice and mix in a small bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.