Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
The quintessential tea sandwich!
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 10 slices white bread, cut very thin (slice regular pieces of bread in half if you have to)
- Use a mandolin to cut cucumber into very thin slices. Lay slices on paper towels to drain.
- Spread a little butter on each slice of bread. Sprinkle the slices with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Layer overlapping cucumber slices on bread slices.
- Cut crust off sandwiches and then cut sandwiches into quarters.
we made these for a little girl tea party. I'm not sure that the girls liked it, but I did. Nice and easy. Thanks
These little sandwiches were wonderful, they brought back memories of tea parties with my gram, she was partial to these little sandwiches. I couldn't wait to try them. The sandwiches tasted exactly as I remembered, crisp and fresh tasting, with butter and salt & pepper. Perfection. I didn't have any white bread, so I thinly sliced a calabrese bun, it didn't look too pretty but sure tasted great. Thanks for sharing.