- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 10 slices white bread, cut very thin (slice regular pieces of bread in half if you have to)
- Use a mandolin to cut cucumber into very thin slices. Lay slices on paper towels to drain.
- Spread a little butter on each slice of bread. Sprinkle the slices with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Layer overlapping cucumber slices on bread slices.
- Cut crust off sandwiches and then cut sandwiches into quarters.