8 hrs 30 mins
Very fresh tasting summer soup that is very healthy, too. Perfect use of home grown cucumbers. Very time consuming, but a nice treat. Cook time is chill/marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut 5 cucumbers in to 3" chunks.
- 2Place half in a food processor or blender with 2 tablespoons of honey and process until smooth.
- 3Pour mixture through a cheesecloth lined strainer into a bowl.
- 4Puree remaining chunks of cucumber, (without honey), and strain through cheesecloth into same bowl.
- 5Peel, seed and thinly slice remaining cucumbers and place slices in a separate bowl.
- 6Add vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons of honey and toss to coat.
- 7Cover and chill both bowls of cucumber for at least 8 hours.
- 8Using a fine-mesh strainer and the back of a spoon, squeeze the juice from pureed cucumber mixture. Discard the solids.
- 9Place half the marinated cucumber slices, avocado and 1 and 3/4 cups cucumber juice in blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- 10Repeat with remaining cucumber slices and 1 and 3/4 cups of juice. Reserver any remaining juice for another use, if desired.
- 11Stir in chopped dill, salt and pepper.
- 12Spoon into serving bowls and garnish with cracked black pepper and dill sprigs if desired.
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber and Avocado Soup
Serving Size: 1 (600 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 110.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar