I have made this for years with many changes along the way and here is what I have for now. Simple quick meal. For a extra depth in flavor use CAVENDER'S All Purpose Greek Seasoning instead of salt and pepper.
- Salt and pepper both sides of steaks and dredge in flour.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat melt butter and olive oil, stir in mushrooms and onion and sauté until tender, transfer to plate, brown steaks on both sides and then transfer to plate with onions and mushrooms.
- Pour beef broth into skillet and stir to deglaze then add golden mushroom soup and stir to combine. Add steaks, onions and mushrooms, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for about one hour.
- 2 tablespoons each corn starch and water can be stirred in at the last to make thicker gravy.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.