Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great starter recipe for curry, sweet and sour pork or burritos.
- 5 lbs boneless lean pork, cubed
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups water, approximate
- 4 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet cook pork until lightly brown, stir occasionally. Drain and reserve drippings. Add onions. Cook, stirring 10-15 minutes until onions are golden.
- Add flour stir until absorbed about 1 minute., Add water to drippings to make 4 c liquid. Stir liquid bouillon, salt and pepper into pork. Bring to boil stir occasionally.
- Cover and cook over low for 2 hours Remove from heat and cool. Put mixture into five 2 c containers label and freeze.
This dish is delicious and so dependable. I once doubled it and took it to a potluck where it was devoured to the last bite. The sauce is so tasty and the pork comes out super tender every time.