1/2 Photos of Cube Steaks With Fresh Tomato Sauce
Prep time is estimated. I never time myself. The cook time depends on where you live and how long things take to boil or thicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 10 or 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook steaks, a few at a time, 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until of desired doneness; place on warm platter and keep warm.
- 2Chop 3 tomatoes and slice 3.
- 3Reduce heat to medium; to same skillet add 1/4 cup water, chopped tomatoes, green onions, sugar, salt and basil.
- 4In cup, blend cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water until smooth; gradually stir into tomato mixture and cook stirring until thickened.
- 5Add sliced tomatoes and cook until heated through.
- 6Spoon tomato mixture over steaks.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cube Steaks With Fresh Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.5
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 782.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef cube steaks