1/2 Photos of Cube Steaks Parmigiana
This recipe was adapted from one that came from Sarah Befort in Hays, Kansas, and was published in Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup finely crushed saltine (about 10 crackers)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 beef cube steaks (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon additional dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced roasted garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup additional freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F; pan spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- 2In a large shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
- 3Crack the eggs into a small bowl, add the water, and beat well; pour into shallow dish.
- 4In another bowl, combine the crushed crackers, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan, and 1/2 teaspoon basil; stir well, then pour into shallow dish.
- 5Dredge each steak in the flour mixture, coating well, then in the eggs, then in the cracker mixture, gently patting the coating onto the meat.
- 6Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add the oil, and saute the coated steaks until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- 7Place the browned steaks in the sprayed baking dish and bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes (leave the oven on when done).
- 8In a bowl combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, onion, half of the oregano, remaining basil, and garlic.
- 9Spoon tomato mixture over the steaks and return them to the oven to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- 10Top each steak with a generous slice of mozzarella, sprinkle with the freshly grated (shredded is good, too) Parmesan, and sprinkle with the remaining oregano.
- 11Bake for about 3 minuntes until cheese are melted to your preference.
- 12Serve with lightly buttered fettuccini or fettuccini Alfredo, a nice green salad, and garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cube Steaks Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.3
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Sodium 1199.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef cube steaks