Recipe by HokiesMom
A quick simple recipe that I found through the Target website. The intent of the recipe is to use already prepared marinara sauce but if you want to make your own or have some already canned - go for it! It is just a great way to have a super fast meal on the table for the family all within 30 minutes and that saves tremendously on my budget. Now that is my type of meal.
- 2 lbs beef cube steaks
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the beef cube steaks with salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl and spread bread crumbs on a plate.
- Dip steaks into egg, then into bread crumbs, completely coating both sides.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over high heat. Cook steaks 2-3 minutes per side until done over a medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium, top steaks with marinara sauce and cheeses. Cover with lid and cook until sauce bubbles and cheeses melt. Serve immediately.