Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is just plain good. I cannot remember where I had found this recipe, but I thank whoever came up with this!!!
- 4 cube steaks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper to taste (not included in ingredients above).
- In a large skillet, melt butter and cook steaks 2 at a time on medium-high heat until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes for each set of steaks.
- Reserve drippings in pan.
- Arrange steaks on a platter and keep warm.
- Into pan drippings, over medium high heat, add remaining ingredients; stirring often to losen brown bits on bottom of skillet, heat until warm.
- Pour over steaks and serve.
Michelle, you won my boyfriends heart (and stomach) with this recipe. So easy to make! The flavors are intense but not overpowering. I served it with egg noodles, buttered and sprinkled with garlic powder and cinnamon roasted carrots. It was an outstanding meal that I will cook over and over! Thanks sooo much!
Husband rated it "as nothing special", but he ate all of it...that makes it at least a 3 for me! He said it had good flavor but the steak was a little tough. I might try it again with ground beef patties for a more tender meat.
Wonderful, fast, cheap meal. I tripled the sauce and before adding the sauce ingredients to the pan I added 1/2 T of flour and let that cook in the drippings for a minute or so. It didn't really thicken up much but was very tasty and pleasant. Used bottled lemon juice and it's a low quality fake lemon so I bet it is way much better with fresh lemon juice. Will make this again.