Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Made this last night. Hubby really enjoyed this one. Serve with mashed potatoes. Mmmmm.
- 1 lb cube steak (approx. 2)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup beef broth
- Mix flour & pepper and place on a flat plate.
- Add cube steaks covering with mixture well.
- In a large fry pan with a lid, brown the cube steaks in oil.
- Add onions, mushrooms & garlic.
- Saute about 1 miniute.
- Add stock & worcestershire sauce and bring to a low boil, scraping the pan to loosen brown bits.
- Cover pan & lower heat to a low simmer.
- Stirring occasionally.
- Cook 1 1/2 hours. Serves 2-4.
I thought the flavor of this was pretty good and I really enjoyed the mushrooms and onions. The meat was fork-tender, but it had a "dry" quality to it that I didn't really like. I served it over rice. I used 4 cube steaks and doubled all of the other ingredients even though it was only about 1 1/2 lb. of meat.
I didn't have cube steak, so I used some other type of tough steak that I had. I did not care for this recipe at all. I followed all of the directions except the cut of meat. The "sauce" was just mushy onions and mushrooms. It just wasn't my cup of tea. Thanks for sharing anyway.
YUM! This was fantastic! The cube steak was actually fork tender, which I can never achieve. Not to mention the sauce is amazing as well. I will most definitely be making this dish again. Thanks for posting this winner Katha!