Recipe by Petdrwife
This is a dish I remember my mom making all of my childhood.
Top Review by mums the word
I loved this dish, both for the taste and the ease. This recipe produced a tender and delicious steak that was absolutely devoured. The only change I made was to add some Montreal Steak spice and as suggested by another reviewer, kept some of the flour to thicken the gravy at the end. This will be made again for sure. Thx.
- 3 cube steaks
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge cube steaks in flour mixture; fry steaks until cooked but do not overcook or will become stringy.
- Remove steaks from pan and drain on towels; cover to keep warm.
- Drain off all of fat except for 2 tablespoons.
- Saute onion in skillet till tender;scrape up little bits of meat from pan.
- Add flour and cook with onion till slightly brown.
- Whisk in beef broth and cook till thick and bubbly. If not thick enough mix up a little flour/water and whisk into gravy.
- Cut cube steaks into 1" strips and return to pan with gravy; heat through and serve.