Recipe by kevin4201
This is an easy one to make in your electric skillet. Some folks don't like the texture of cubed steak, but this method makes 'em tender and really flavorful. Great with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Top Review by MichMom
A very tasty dish, and very easy to make! We'll be having this again. 4 stars only because it was a tad bit on the salty side for me, but not unbearable. Next time I'd try 1/2 an envelope of onion soup mix and see how that goes. The meat is very tender - didn't even need a knife. And it makes lots of gravy for potatoes or noodles. I didn't need any starch at the end for thickening - just right as is.
- 4 -6 fresh beef cube steaks
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's beefy mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Adolph's meat tenderizer
Directions See How It's Made
- Season cube steaks with salt pepper and meat tenderizer.
- Brown steaks in electric skillet using scant oil or cooking spray.
- Add 1 cup of water, dry soup mix, and canned soup.
- Stir to mix dry and wet ingredients.
- Cover and cook on lowest setting for two hours.
- Remove meat to plate and thicken gravy with a little corn starch in water.
- Serve meat topped with gravy and enjoy!