Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Very quick and easy to throw together.
- 4 cube steaks
- 1 cup flour
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 onion
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Season steaks and flour with garlic powder,salt and pepper to your taste.
- Coat steaks in flour and shake off excess.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in skillet and brown steaks on both sides. Place steaks in crockpot.
- Melt remaining butter, add onions and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes or until just softened.
- Add remaining flour to onions and mushrooms. Stir until they are coated and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth slowly, simmer until thickened slightly. Taste and correct seasoning.
- Pour broth mixture over steaks in crockpot.
- Cook on low 6 hours or until tender.
- Serve over rice or with Mashed potatoes.
Melt-in-your-mouth tender and tasty cube steak! I did skip the mushrooms and added extra onion. Very easy. Served with mashed potatoes and Orange Butter Carrots #444940 for a super meal. Thanks for posting hotdish. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.