Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Easy dish to fix. I never have leftovers. Thick rich gravy to pour over meat or potato.
- 2 lbs cube steaks
- garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 -2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- Preheat large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add 1 T.
- Season cube steaks with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Brown cube steaks in preheated skillet.
- Add 1 can French Onion Soup, 1 cup of water, 1 4 oz can of mushrooms.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer on low heat for 30-45 minutes.
- You may need to add additional water.
- Remove meat to platter, cover to keep warm.
- Increase heat to reduce pan drippings to desired thickness.
- I serve this with mashed potatoes, and side vegetable.
There aren't alot of good recipes out there for cube steak. This made the good list. I seasoned alot with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder only on 1 side. We feed 8 here and while I have the largest skillet there is; I had to brown in batches then transfered to a 15 X 10 glass dish. 1 cup water to the soup and drained the mushrooms. Covered with foil first 20 min at 350. Uncovered 25 min more. Put meat on platter. Poured mushroom stock in pan and thickened for gravy. Served with mashed potatoes and cream corn.
This dish was super easy to make, didn't require lots of time, and the taste was wonderful! What more could you ask for? I know I'll make this one again very soon. I served this with mashed potatoes, bread and salad.
This simple little dish made a dandy supper at my house. It's oh so easy to cook up and very tasty indeed! Natural comfort food! Thanks so much for posting. Laudee C.