Recipe by CareCook
This recipe is adapted for the freezer, originally found in the book Saving Dinner.
Top Review by Andrea in AK
I've never made cubs steak before because I didn't really know what to do with it and this recipes is very tasty! I also added a can of cream of potato soup (I accidentally opened it thinking it was something else) and it worked well. The steaks were very tender and my boyfriend liked it too!
- 3 tablespoons flour
- salt & pepper
- 6 cube steaks
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 16 ounces beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups frozen peas
- egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Dredge meat in flour on both sides.
- In a skillet, heat half the butter and half the olive oil together over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute. Add remaining oil and butter then add meat, cooking on both sides till browned.
- Stir in broth, scraping up any browned bits from the pan. Turn the heat down to a simmer, add thyme and Worcestershire sauce and ook for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Add peas, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve over egg noodles.
- If preparing for the freezer:
- Remove meat after step 2. Freeze.
- Complete step 3. Freeze.
- To reheat:.
- Place all ingredients in an oven safe pan. Heat at 350 until warm. Serve over egg noodles.