Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my favorite ways to fix cube steaks! (Prep and cook times are estimates, but I think you could get these on the table within 30 minutes!)
- 4 -6 cube steaks
- 1 box Stove Top stuffing mix or 1 box your favorite prepared stuffing
- flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper or seasoning salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions.
- Onto each steak, place a generous helping of stuffing in center.
- Roll up steak (s) and secure with toothpicks or skewers.
- Dredge each roll-up in seasoned flour.
- Brown meat in oil.
- Remove meat and drain off any excess fat.
- Combine mushroom soup and onion soup mix in small bowl.
- Return meat rolls to pan and pour soup combination over meat.
- Simmer on low heat until meat rolls are heated through and meat is done to your liking.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
- Serve extra sauce over meat roll-ups (Sauce may be thinned by adding a bit of milk).
- Note: You could probably stuff the meat with a rice-based stuffing if you'd like!
my whole family loved this and with 4 kids its hard to please everyone!
Very tasty! I followed the basic recipe ingredients, but changed the cooking method. Instead of stuffing the meat, then browning it, I dredged it in flour and browned it before stuffing it. I then put the stuffing on the browned meat, rolled it up, put it in a baking dish, and topped it with the soup mix. I also had a lot of left over stuffing that I put around the edges of the baking dish. I covered the dish in tin foil and baked it in the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes. The only other thing I did differently was add about half a can of milk to the soup mix to make it a bit less thick. This also cut down on the saltiness of the mixture. Over all, it was fun and easy to make, and extremely tasty. Thanks for the recipe!
This was a very tasty recipe! I did not add more salt because there was plenty of salt in the soups. Some stuffing did escape but it still turned out great! Thank You!