Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something I tried tonight that turned out well. Definitely comfort food!
- 1 lb cube steaks or 1 lb tenderized steak
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups beef broth
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in small bowl.
- Coat meat in flour and fry in skillet for 5-10 mins til browned on both sides; remove to plate.
- Add 2 T butter to skillet and melt.
- Stir in 2-3 T of remaining flour mixture.
- Whisk in beef broth (may need to add water to thin if gravy is too thick).
- Return meat to skillet, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles.
- Note: I've also made this in a slow cooker. Fixed it in the morning (didn't pan-fry) and let it cook all day. Can't begin to describe how good the kitchen smells when I get home!
5 Stars for this recipe and for the chef herself! I made this for hubby and myself tonight for dinner as it looked so good and such a comfort food. It was delicious and well worth the little effort to put this together. Made this in the crock with direction from the chef and both DH and I were in comfort food heaven. Served this with garlic mashed taters and brussel sprouts. OH LORDY I am going to make this again real soon! I did take pics now to figure to post them correctly. Thank you so much for a wonderful meal and yes you were at the table.
One our family favorites. I always double the gravy recipe and add sauted mushrooms. I use real butter too. It makes it that much better! Rarely, do we have any leftovers!
We all liked this but no one loved it. We thought it could have used more seasoning. I didn't think it had much of a taste. I followed the recipe exactly as written. If I would make this again, I think I would add onions, maybe garlic and maybe mushrooms for more flavor. I would also cook it in the crockpot because ours wasn't tender enough only cooking it for 30 minutes.