Recipe by Silver Raven
Spinach, cheese, and cube steak. Delicious! Good with hot buttered or cheesy rice. Also good with basmati rice. Spinach mixture is good just by itself as a vegetable.
Top Review by Joshua L.
I also used an extra sharp cheddar. I sauteed my onions and pounded a handful of goldfish crackers for my bread in the stuffing. Reg. Breadcrumbs would also work. I mashed some garlic for the top instead of powder, added some pepper and paprika and sprayed it with some oil. I tossed a little parmesan cheese on that. Came out perfect. Buttered rice made a great side. ( I did pound the steak a little before I stuffed it)
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 cube steaks
- 2 -3 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 13x9x2 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, French fried onions, Colby Jack cheese and salt.
- Mix well.
- Spread a cube steak with about 1/2 teaspoon of mustard, then top with an even layer of spinach mixture& press to flatten.
- Roll up, jelly roll style and set aside.
- Repeat for remaining cube steaks.
- Place remaining spinach mixture into the bottom of the pan and place cube steak spirals on top.
- Combine oil, paprika, pepper and garlic powder and spread over cube steaks.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer.