- 2 beef cube steaks (4 ounces, each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- green pepper ring
- sweet red pepper ring
Directions See How It's Made
- in a skillet, cook the steaks in 1 tablespoon oli over medium heat until no longer pink.
- sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- top each with a slice of cheese.
- cover and cook for 1 minute, or until melted.
- remove and keep warm.
- drain drippings.
- in the same skillet, saute the onion, garlic and pepper rings in the remaining oil until tender.
- spoon over the steaks.