Recipe by Lou
this is my creation. I wanted something different, and I wanted to use up my bottle of chili sauce. The great thing about this dish is the fact that you can make it as mild or as firey as you wish! Its great tasting, and simple. Don't let the time it takes fool you! It's made in a dutch oven over low heat, so basically you can walk away and let it cook.
- 4 -5 cube steaks
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package onion soup mix (dry)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon penzy's beef roast seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons bottled. chili sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the oil in a dutch oven, and fry steaks over high-medium heat til browned.
- Add soup mix, water, minced onion,pepper,salt if desired,and cover with lid. turn heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes. Check on it occassionally.
- Add rest of ingredients, and cook another 30 minutes.
- Can be served over noodles,if desired.