Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This dish is excellent when served with mashed potatoes or rice.
- 2 lbs cube steaks
- flour (for dredging)
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion gravy mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper the steak to your liking, then dredge in the flour.
- Fry steak until brown and place in crock pot.
- Add water, soup, and gravy mix.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
I loved this recipe and let me tell you the leftovers didn't last long. I accidently bought mushroom gravy mix and used it, added mushrooms and doubled the gravy mix so I was sure to have some left for the next day. It made a wonderful lunch with egg noodles. Thank you so much. I will definately make this one again.
Whee-hooo! Lemme say rite now, folks, that you ain't never had a more tender piece o' meat than this! (why, Granny didn't even haf' ta' put in her teeth to eat thissun!) Naw, seriously, tho this do be mighty good, and tha gravy is a pur't' delight! Now be sure to make some mashed taters to go wid this, 'cause the gravy be beggin' for it!
Britt, this is a wonderful dish! Most crock pot meals have a rather bland, expected sort of taste. Not this one! The gravy is great, and the steaks are exceptionally tender. This recipe will be used at my house time and time again!