Prep 8 hrs
Cook 40 mins
This recipes produces a delicious pork tenderloin and I highly recommend using the optional rum. It makes a beautiful presentation on a platter garnished with orange slices. Prep time is the time to marinate the tenderloins.
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) pork tenderloin (about 3 lbs total)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum (optional)
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Rinse the tenderloins, pat dry and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the tenderloins.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard the marinade; place the tenderloins in a foil lined baking pan.
- Roast the tenderloins at 350 degrees until a meat thermometer registers 150 degrees, approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Let the pork rest 5-10 minutes before slicing in 1/2" slices to serve.
this was a snoozefest and has taken a lot of doctoring to make it edible. i was excited for this but won't be making it a second time.
This was fine, but not as flavorful as I expected.
Very tender, flavorful pork. Got a mixed reaction from my family, though. Husband and I liked it, but the kids not so much. I think it is too different from what they are used to. But I would make it again--also makes great sandwiches. Thanks, DG.