Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Courtesy of Rachael Ray
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, casings removed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 ounces beer
- 4 Portuguese rolls, split and toasted
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 dill pickles, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Add pork and brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Add chorizo, onions, garlic and season with cumin, allspice and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, cook a minute then add beer. Simmer 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix pickles with mustard and set aside.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet.
- Toast the split bread a bit, top each with 1/4 of the meat mixture and a piece of Swiss cheese, return to oven and melt 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a skillet with butter over medium heat.
- To melted butter, add eggs and fry to desired doneness.
- Top Cubano hash with relish and fried egg and serve.
In RR speak YUM-O!! We had this last night for dinner. A very big hit in my house. We will be having this again. Soon I hope. Thanks for posting.