1/1 Photo of Cubano Chicken with Spicy Currant Picadillo
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon jamaican caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and diced plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pimento stuffed olive, chopped
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 sprigs basil
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- 1COMBINE jerk seasoning, cumin and paprika in small bowl.
- 2Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to form a paste.
- 3Rub paste over both sides of chicken.
- 4Heat remaining oil in large nonstick skilled over medium heat until hot.
- 5Add chicken; cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Turn, continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- 7Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
- 8ADD onion and bell pepper to skillet.
- 9Cook, stirring frequently, over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- 10Add jelly, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and Tabasco sauce.
- 11Cook until jelly melts, about 1 minute.
- 12Add tomatoes, olives, currants and capers; cook for 3 minutes.
- 13Reduce heat to medium; return chicken to skillet and turn to coat.
- 14Cover, and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 15TRANSFER chicken to serving plates; top with Currant Picadillo mixture.
- 16Sprinkle with chopped basil.
- 17Garnish with basil and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cubano Chicken with Spicy Currant Picadillo
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 279.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
caribbean jerk seasoning
pimento stuffed olives