Simple, tasty, and off the beaten track from regular rice bowls. Assembly takes moments and everything can be prepared in advance and frozen. Easily prepped, frozen, and microwaveable with the exception of the bananas and garnish. Also, can be arranged without the chicken for a nice vegetarian meal. Great dish for Chinese takeout leftover rice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups steamed rice (brown, white, basmati, or jasmine)
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned according to your taste
- 2 cups black beans (canned is fine)
- 4 large bananas or 4 large plantains, sliced in large chunks
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, chopped,to garnish
- 1 finely chopped onion, to garnish
- 1 cup salsa, to garnish
- 1Steam rice until tender and set aside.
- 2Dredge banana pieces in flour and slightly sautee in a small amount of butter.
- 3Cube cooked chicken breasts.
- 4Heat black beans.
- 5Layer into bowls with rice on bottom mixed with the black beans, next chicken pieces, and top with the sauteed bananas, sprinkling the fresh cilantro, chopped onions, and salsa to garnish on top.
- 6Varying amounts according to your own taste preference is allowable.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cubano Chicken Rice Bowls With Bananas
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.0
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 425.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 27.9 g