Recipe by CobraLimes
Simple, tasty, and off the beaten track from regular rice bowls. Assembly takes moments and everything can be prepared in advance and frozen. Easily prepped, frozen, and microwaveable with the exception of the bananas and garnish. Also, can be arranged without the chicken for a nice vegetarian meal. Great dish for Chinese takeout leftover rice!
Top Review by bloomsday616
Loved this! I marinated the chicken in a jerk marinade and grilled it and instead of flour on the bananas I dusted them with a cinnamon/chili powder mixture. I also topped it with a pineapple salsa. The whole meal was easy and fast to make and the flavors were amazing! We couldn't get enough of it! Will definitely be making it again, thank you for posting!
- 4 cups steamed rice (brown, white, basmati, or jasmine)
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned according to your taste
- 2 cups black beans (canned is fine)
- 4 large bananas or 4 large plantains, sliced in large chunks
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, chopped,to garnish
- 1 finely chopped onion, to garnish
- 1 cup salsa, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam rice until tender and set aside.
- Dredge banana pieces in flour and slightly sautee in a small amount of butter.
- Cube cooked chicken breasts.
- Heat black beans.
- Layer into bowls with rice on bottom mixed with the black beans, next chicken pieces, and top with the sauteed bananas, sprinkling the fresh cilantro, chopped onions, and salsa to garnish on top.
- Varying amounts according to your own taste preference is allowable.