Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cuban ham and cheese sandwich from Saveur magazine, for ZWT7.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cuban roll
- 1⁄2 cup left over shredded pork
- 3 slices deli ham
- 3 slices swiss cheese
- 10 dill pickle slices
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Split Cuban roll. Spread mayonnaise and mustard inside roll.
- Layer pork, ham, cheese, and pickles in roll.
- Heat in an oiled panini press. (Or, heat oil in a skillet, insert sandwich, and place a second heavy skillet on top of the sandwich.) Turn sandwich once, and warm until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
I made this exactly as written and couldn't have asked for a better sandwich. This will surely become one of my favorites. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.