Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Appetizer-size grilled pork and cheese sandwiches you just have to taste to believe. Great for snacking anytime.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 29.58 ml yellow mustard
- 8 slice swiss cheese
- 8 slice dill pickles (lengthwise slices)
- 226.79 g thinly sliced deli roast pork
- 8 slice cooked bacon
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and garlic and set aside.
- Trim tops & bottoms of rolls to make flat surfaces. Brush the outsides with the garlic oil mixture and spread the insides with mustard. Place one cheese slice on each bottom roll then top with pickles. Divide pork evenly among the bottoms and top with bacon and the other 4 cheese slices. Replace tops.
- Heat a large grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches and weight down with a heavy skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes until toasted, turn and repeat.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 portions.
Cut down to 1 sandwich and grilled in my George Foreman, this was an excellent and tasty lunch! I really love this, Julie, and thanks for sharing. Made for Recipe Swap #46.
This recipe was so tasty!!!! The cuban is my favorite sandwich, along with the BLT. The only thing different I did was use butter on the outside of the roll, instead of oil. I had this for dinner, instead of an appetizer. Along side, I had this with roasted potatoes. Thank you for such a delicious recipe. I'll make this again, for sure! This was made for Photo Swap 8. :)
Aussie Swap #31: These sandwiches are to die for!! We truly enjoyed them!