Recipe by CookinCowgirl
This is my variation of traditional Cuban Tortas, which I serve "mashed," along with Mojo Sauce. Either serve them for lunch or dinner, or cut into quarters as appetizers. Use Cuban bread, if you want to make it from scratch, but I like these made with regular hamburger buns.
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices pork loin or 4 slices turkey or 4 slices chicken
- 4 slices manchego cheese
- 4 slices dill pickles, stackers or 12 hamburger dill pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sour orange juice
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the cumin in a small skillet.
- Blend the rest of the sauce ingredients together with the cumin, and set aside.
- Place the ham, second meat, cheese, pickles on buns slathered inside with the mayonnaise.
- Pour the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Place the sandwiches in the skillet and brown them on both sides, mashing down on the tops to flatten the sandwiches.
- Serve with Mojo Sauce as a dipping sauce.